What data do we collect?
How do we collect your data?
Why does Woktron process your personal data?
Sharing your personal data with third parties
How do we store your data?
What are cookies?
What types of cookies do we use?
How to manage your cookies
What are your data protection rights?
How to contact us
Woktron collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.) or information about legally authorized representatives.
- Information about your payment method, such as bank account number or PayPal account information.
- Information provided by you to Woktron when you notify Woktron of a (suspected) breach of Woktron’s acceptable use policies
- Documents and information that certify your identity
- Your Woktron account information – such as services you ordered, domain name registration information, the IP addresses assigned to you, your customer ID, fees owed and received, or any other information related to your account.
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when:
- You register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- You voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- You use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- You subscribe to a Woktron newsletter.
- You ask Woktron for more information about a Woktron service, or contact Woktron with a question, comment or complaint.
- You submit an abuse notification to Woktron.
- You use the Woktron network, Woktron infrastructure and/or other Woktron services.
Wokron processes your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Processing of orders, contracts and provision of services.
- Conducting market research, conducting retention and customer satisfaction surveys, conducting marketing activities (including through email newsletters, social media and onsite/offsite and online/offline advertisement), conducting sales activities (including analyzing your Personal Data and your use of Woktron services for making (tailormade) offers and quotations with the aim of entering into a customer relationship, and/or maintaining, renewing or expanding a customer relationship).
- Communicating with customers (i) to provide information about services of Woktron, (ii) to provide information about offers, orders, provision of services, contract status and payment, (iii) to provide support and maintenance services, (iv) to handle complaints, and (v) to answer questions from (potential) customers.
- Performing financial processes, including (i) calculating, invoicing and collecting of service fees, (ii) processing financial transactions regarding the acceptance of orders, and (iii) granting debt collection rights to third parties.
- Investigating creditworthiness and risk management, including prevention of overextending credit to (potential) customers and verifying whether (potential) customers will be able to comply with financial obligations.
- Investigating and processing suspected violations of Woktron’s Terms of Service.
- Ensuring the security of persons and objects, and performing fraud detection.
- Conducting legal processes, including (i) conducting legal proceedings, and (ii) collecting evidence for civil legal proceedings relating to you.
- Complying with statutory obligations, including (i) provision of data to authorized authorities in the context of criminal investigations, (ii) complying with (applicable) data retention obligations, and (iii) the provision to third parties of Data concerning customers in connection with an infringement of these third parties’ rights.
- Establishing the identity of customers or third parties, including in relation to the provision of access to data centers and our offices.
Woktron may share data about you with:
- Partners or agents involved in delivering the services ordered with Woktron.
- Credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies.
- Domain name registries when Woktron registers a domain name on your behalf.
- Debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations.
- Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities to the extent required by law.
- A third party that has claimed that your use of Woktron services violates the Woktron’s Terms of Service or applicable law (to the extent such sharing is required by law).
In accordance with international data protection laws, in particular the GDPR, we observe adequate procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, Personal Data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the Personal Data. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the Personal Data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access Personal Data in the course of their work. Our business processes are compliant with the industry security standards, including SOC 1 and PCI DSS.
Woktron has implemented the following, but not limited to, generic information security measures across its organisation: network segmentation, next generation firewalls, anti-virus software, full disk encryption of end-points, encrypted communication via SSL or VPN, Security Information and Event Management solutions, dedicated Security Operating Centre, security awareness training, segregation of duties, role-based access permissions (based on least-privilege), secure disposal facilities of confidential information, periodic pentesting of public facing services, secure development training, integrated security monitoring during development, tools to enable employees to work secure (such as password managers), physical security zones. Per application or communication, additional security measures can be implemented.
Woktron only keep Personal Data as permitted by EU law applicable to us, which is typically for a period of 7 years but may be up to 10 years.
Woktron would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Woktron from contacting you for marketing purposes.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website only uses:
Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer, your login status and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
2. Google Analytics
Woktron uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics helps analyze how users use our website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. IP anonymization is activated for this website, meaning Google will shorten your IP address within the European Union or in another contracting state to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
Google will use this information as a processor according to Art. 28 GDPR to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide the website’s operator with further services connected with the use of the website and the internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Woktron would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Woktron for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Woktron correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Woktron to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Woktron erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Woktron restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Woktron’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Woktron transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you have any requests, questions or suggestions about Woktron’s privacy practices, please send an email to s.e.r.v.i.c.e.s[at]woktron.com. It may take up to one month before we can respond to your request.
Woktron reserves the right to change the privacy statement, and will post any revisions on the Woktron website. Woktron advises you to check this page regularly to see if any changes have been implemented.
This privacy statement was most recently changed on 23 July 2019.