We have partnered with Turnkey GNU/Linux, a free Debian based library of system images that pre-integrates and polishes the best free software components into secure, easy to use solutions.
Together you can rapidly deploy 100+ server applications to any of our SSD VPS hosting plans in just a few minutes. Just select an application image and watch it build. The server setup is handled, all you need to do is login to the application control panel and start using it. If you’re good with getting around control panels, running your own VPS is simple.
Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. Python's equivalent to the famous Ruby on rails, Django lets you build high-performing, elegant Web applications quickly. Django focuses on automating as much as possible and adhering to the "Don't Repeat Yourself" (DRY) principle.
- Base Operating System: Debian GNU.
- Secure and easy to maintain: Auto-updated daily with latest Debian security patches. Optional monitoring and email notification of system alerts.
- 1-click backup and restore: smart backup and data migration software saves changes to files, databases and package management to encrypted storage which a system can be automatically restored from.
- Dynamic DNS: Associates your IP with a custom domain.
- Logical Volume Management: Instead of installing to a fixed size partition, a Logical Volume is first created by default, and this may later be expanded, even across multiple physical devices.
- AJAX web shell (Web CLI): secure command line access from any web browser.
- Web management interface (WebUI) (Webmin):
- Listens on port 12321 (uses SSL).
- Modern responsive theme: 'Authentic'.
- Network modules:
- Firewall configuration (with example configuration).
- Network configuration.
- System modules:
- Backup and migration (TKLBAM).
- Configure time, date and timezone.
- Configure users and groups.
- Manage software packages.
- Change passwords.
- System logs.
- Tool modules:
- Text editor.
- Shell commands (note not proper interactive shell).
- Simple file upload/download.
- File manager (HTML5).
- Custom commands.
- Hardware modules:
- Partitions on local disks.
- Logical volume management.
- Simple configuration console (cli):
- Displays basic usage information.
- Configure networking.
- Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificates.
- Mail SMTP relay setup.
- Proxy settings.
- Region and timezone.
- Other global system settings.
- First boot initialization:
- Prompt user for passwords.
- Regenerates SSL and SSH cryptographic keys.
- Installs latest security updates, unless user chooses to defer this for later.
- Command line power tools
- Smart, programmable bash shell completion: helps you get more done with fewer keystrokes.
- Support for $HOME/.bashrc.d shell hooks
- Persistent environment variables (see $HOME/.bashrc.d/penv):
penv-set pydoc /usr/share/doc/python2.7/html exit # later... cd $pydoc
- Automatic time synchronization with NTP
- SSL support out of the box
- Preconfigured example Django project located at /var/www/project
- Integrated with Apache2 (mod_wsgi), MySQL and Postfix.
- Built-in administration console with embedded online documentation.
- iPython for enhanced Django shell interaction.
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, and MySQL.
- django admin console: username admin
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL: username root