When using our easy to use client panel or VPS control panel you can easily manage your VPS. The following options are available:
- Stop / Start - the VPS
- Restart - the VPS
- Power Off - your VPS (clean shutdown)
- Change Hostname - Allows you to change the hostname of your VPS server
- Change Password - Allows you to change the root password for your VPS server (your server will need to be shutdown, then started again for this to take effect)
- Set Primary IP - This will configure the primary eth0 for your VPS with the IP address you select. If your VPS has only 1 IP address, this can be ignored.
- VPS Configuration - This varies depending on operating system, however generally this allows you to enable ‘VNC’ for your VPS
- OS Reinstall - This will allow you to completely reinstall the operating system on your VPS server
- Control Panel - This will allow you to automatically run an installation script on the VPS for some of the most popular control panels – please note that the server needs to be shutdown and restarted (not rebooted!) for the installation script to begin. The process will also take time, and can be checked via the log file created in the
/rootof the VPS
- Rescue Mode - This will allow you to boot your VPS into ‘Rescue Mode’
- Monitoring - This will allow you to view and monitor the resource consumtion of the VPS.
- Status Logs - This will show you a history for the VPS’s power status
- Logs / Tasks - Similar in nature, they both provide logs for viewing actions made for the VPS. This can be useful, if for example your client’s server was ‘unbootable’ – you could check here the history of that VPS to see what actions had been called from their control panel
Editing your VPS Server
You can edit your VPS server by clicking the ‘pencil’ icon next to the VPS in the ‘List VPS’ screen.
This option will allow you to edit the resources available to your VPS. Please note that this only applies when you are manually editing a VPS, and isn’t required when using the WHMCS module.
You are able to modify the following:
- User - You may change the ‘user’ (or client) that this VPS belongs to
- Hostname - Change the hostname of the server
- IP Addresses - Assign or remove IP addresses to the server
- Disk Space - Due to technical limitations Disk Space can only be increased
- RAM - Increase or decrease the amount of memory available to your VPS
- CPU Cores - Increase or decrease the amount of CPU cores available to your VPS
IMPORTANT: Please note that almost all of the actions above MAY require a full shut down, then start.