The latest release of WHMCS can be downloaded from your client panel account or you can install WHMCS by using the Softaculous auto-installer.
To download WHMCS, you can login to your client panel account and head to:
services > your product (click "active") > downloads
The downloads menu item can be found in the left-sidebar of your client panel account.
- Download the WHMCS installation package (see above)
- Create a Database in DirectAdmin
- Unzip the contents of the zip file to a folder on your computer
- Rename the file
- Upload the whmcs folder to your website - if you experience problems, try uploading in binary mode
- Next you can rename the folder if desired (billing, clients, etc...)
- Now visit the installation script at
http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/install/install.phpto run the installer process
- Follow the instructions on screen to install which will involve setting file permissions, entering your license key and setting up your primary admin account
When complete, delete the install folder from your web server and ensure the configuration.php file permissions are restricted to
CHMOD 400 Readable.
Install with Softaculous
To install WHMCS using Softaculous, you can login to your DirectAdmin reseller account and head to:
Reseller Level > Extra Features > Softaculous Auto-Installer
More information about Softaculous can be found in this knowledgebase article.
Your license key will be sent to you by e-mail after activation of your account. If you have any difficulties with the activation of your WHMCS license, please contact our support team.
Please refer to the documentation provided by WHMCS for help related to the installation and operation of WHMCS.
Any support requests can be directed to the WHMCS team directly. If you wish to get in contact with WHMCS please follow this link.